The effects of continuum of care on insurance reimbursement - Book Report Sample
The concept behind Continuum of care is an integrated system that guides and tracks patient claims. This is available in all health institutions and care givers. This system works to benefit the patients, insurance companies and health institutions. The concept was designed to ensure services are delivered on time and cost is controlled. The implementation of this system has brought about various repercussions, which are elucidated below:
- It has ensured that claims are verified and paid on time. The speed of processing claims is vital since it measures the efficiency of the system.
- The insurance companies have been able to keep track of all claims and ensure all of them are genuine. The importance is to ensure the claims are genuine to ensure the companies do not lose their money.
- The insurance policies have ended up being reviewed, in light of the claims made because the system has shown some loopholes in the policies. These loopholes had made the claims increase.
- The cost of insurance policies has increased to cater for the system implementation. This implementation has cost the health institutions and the cost spilling to the patients. This has made the claims substantial.
- The adoption of insurance policies has doubled. This is because people have become more confident that the system will cater for their needs. This has brought on board new claims and reimbursements.
- The Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) networks, Point-of-Service (POS) Plan networks and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) networks have noted savings that have come due to this system. The saving reflects on the ability of these institutions to meet their insurance reimbursement ability.
Every system is known to have a double-sided impact on where it is implemented. This effect is what should always be considered. The above points show that it had a positive impact, thus the negative side should be corrected.